Monday, July 7, 2014

ENJOY THE JOURNEY

This tag was created for a challenge going on over on Scrapadabadoo Crafts Group on Facebook found here https://www.facebook.com/groups/733471040030579/ 
For my tag I wanted to experiment with a project that was created with no patterned paper and using only mixed media products.
enjoy the journey tag 7
 
I started by cutting a piece of chipboard to 4.5 x 8.25.  I covered it with Tim Holtz tissue paper.  I then applied a watered down coat of gesso.  I watered it down so the text of the tissue paper would show through giving the project some dimension. I then used Goldens light modeling paste and stencilled the sunray.  I added a piece of torn corrugated cardboard on the bottom to create the waves.  I added a couple of old chipboard flourishes that I covered in gesso, one on the top corner is from Dusty Attic and the other one is an old Fancy Pants one that I used to give the waves movement.  I then used a combination of mists and silks acrylic glazes to give my sunrays and water some color and shine.  I added the flourishes with some glossy accents.
enjoy the journey tag 8
 
Next I moved on to coloring the boat.  This is a Fabscraps chippie that can be found here  http://www.scrapadabadoo.com/item_7074/FabScraps-Chipboard-Sailboats.htm  After coating the sailboat with gesso, I used Ice Silks Acrylic glaze to cover the boat and sails, I then painted the stripe and flag in navy and red acrylic paint.  I lightly tapped the edges with antique linen distress ink.  I then adhered it down, stamped my title on a piece of cardstock, covered it with crackle accents then mounted it on a piece of scrap chipboard to give it some dimension. I finished the look with some irridescent sequins and white pearls.
 
Thank you for looking ~Patti~

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful Patti ... all the different textures are wonderful and the way you tinted the rays is amazing !

    ReplyDelete